Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mommy is Soooo Mean

On Monday we woke up to snow and no school delay. It's below freezing. I made sure the girls were dressed in layers. At least one anyway. The older daughter's coat has a broken zipper so she's in a button up coat. At least older girl is wearing a turtle neck and t-shirt over it.

I tried to make the younger wear a turtle neck, but she said it itched. I'm grasping here. So, if she's only going to wear a t-shirt a puffy coat will follow with scarf and gloves. I made her zip up the coat and get bundled before getting in the car. 

Then whispering is heard. The younger is mad and she's sharing her unhappiness. Of course not loud enough to tell what was said, but loud enough to know there was something sinister being said. Hubby asks what was said. Older daughter will tell Hubby anything. She caves easily when daddy is involved. Older kid says, "J said mommy is soooo mean". 

I'm mean because I made sure that she was warm. I'm mean because I made her wear a puffy coat. That she said she liked when we bought it. 

Suck it up, kids! I'm mean because I love you and don't want you to freeze to death. I'm mean because I want you to turn in to productive, responsible and caring young ladies. Ladies who look back on their childhood and can say that their mommy really loved them and took care of them. 

I want what's best for them. Hopefully one day they will be able to see that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment