Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hubby Needs to be a Plumber in His Next Life

Now that we've been in our house for a little over seven years now, there are still a few things in this house that need our special touch. One of them being our toilets. Ugly almond color doesn't even begin to describe my disdain for the toilets. It seems that Hubby is constantly making a trek to mecca* for a new flapper for any given toilet in the house. 

You can imagine my dismay when I was cleaning one of the bathrooms and trying to clean the floor under one of them and water dripped onto my wrist. For sure there were four letter expletives floating around in my head. The wood baseboard behind the toilet looked like it had taken on some water and warped a little. Uh oh. 

So, we called the plumber. It was almost a comedy of stereotypes about plumbers. He was around for half of the day. He went ahead and checked all of our toilets and did a little inspection of all house orifices. It turned out that the original toilet that we called him out for wasn't cracked. It was just a minor fix that ended up costing almost $1,000. Minor and $1,000 should not be going in the same sentence. I didn't even get a nice, new, bright white toilet out of this deal. He said, "This toilet is a keeper. The new toilets they make today are more trouble than their worth". 

I warned Hubby that the next time one of the toilets break, I'm taking a baseball bat to it.

*Home Depot

No comments:

Post a Comment