Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Forty is Fabulous!

Today I get to celebrate Hubby's 40th birthday! This has been a long time coming and I am one thrilled woman. You see, I've seen the back side of forty for a few years now. It's wonderful! Now I get to share it with him.

Here are forty reasons why I love him and wishes for his special day.

1.  He loves God. With everything he has, he loves God.
2.  I am the luckiest woman in the world to call him Hubby.
3.  He is wise beyond his years.
4.  There is no one else that makes me laugh like him.
5.  At times he has the patience of Job.
6.  He doesn't anger quickly.
7.  He is incredibly loyal, to family, friends and even his job.
8.  He gets better looking as he gets older. No fair!
9.  He is a prime example of how first impressions can be completely wrong!
10. I am grateful he puts up with all of my shenanigans.
11. I'm pretty sure it's on his bucket list to read every single religious/political book out there.
12. He loves our daughters to the moon and beyond. They love him as much in return.
13. By no means is he a handyman around the house, but that's ok.
14. We complement each other very well.
15. If I am down, he never gives up trying to bring me up.
16. Have I mentioned how handsome he is?
17. He does his own laundry!
18. He rocks a pair of eyeglasses now. Ha!
19. He is a true asset to his company.
20. He makes sure we have "us" time.  
21. He's no stranger to the gym. He takes care of himself.
22. My hope is that his faith will never waiver. In himself. In God. In life.
23. How I love that he's the go-to guy when it comes to my fifth grader's homework.
24. He's a clean freak just as much as I am.
25. My wish is that he stays as easy going as has always been.
26. How I love his strong shoulders. They have carried our girls miles and miles.
27. He's like a kid in a candy store when he's playing with the dog.
28. I hope that he'll always carry that playful spirit with our kids without losing his calming influence.
29. He walks daily in the awe-inspiring glory of God's love.
30. He's a wonderful provider. Not just in the financial sense, but in the emotional and mental sense as well. 
31. My kids say they love their daddy because, "He's sweet. He's my daddy".
32. Forty isn't all that bad. It sure beats the alternative and it's not the end of the world.
33. He's the best friend anybody could ask for.
34. He's a solid sounding board for all of my worries, concerns and stories.
35. Forty years and he seems to be mellowing more and more.
36. I have been blessed to call him Hubby for almost 14 years. It gets better and better.
37. I hope as the days go by it continues to get better and better with age. We go together and we grow together.
38. He's kind with his words and actions.
39. I love how he loves to learn.
40. Hello? He's just the most handsome forty year old around!

My husband is now forty years old. This is what I want your birthday to usher in for the year ahead for you-

B - Blessings so that all your endeavors are successful
I - Inspiration to do beautiful things in life
R - Reassurance in times of being low
T - Tolerance for both happy and sad times
H - Happiness all year round
D - Daring to go in unfamiliar areas where other people haven't ventured
A - Admiration that other people will harbor for you because of your deeds
Y - 'Yes, yes, yes', a zest for everything positive in life







XOXO and Happy Birthday to my wonderful Hubby!

2 comments: