Tuesday, January 24, 2012

All The Time

I've gone a considerable amount of time with a now deactivated facebook account. It ain't that bad! But a few days before deactivating, someone I know posted some pictures of their new baby*.  One of the comments on the picture was, "God is so good". Yes He is.

Then a few days later another teacher in our group of fifth grade Sunday school teachers had a praise. Her friend who was very ill had recovered when it wasn't expected that she would. The fellow teacher's comment was, "God is so good". Yes He is.

But, what if her friend hadn't recovered? Isn't He still good? Through all of our trials, when we don't receive what we had hoped for He's still good.

I'm not saying that I'm a saint and that in everything I give thanks. I'll be the first to admit that I need to give thanks a lot more. 

I'm not saying that in all of the good times we shouldn't acknowledge that He is sovereign. That He is in control. That He knows what is best for us. 

But how would life be if we always reminded ourselves that God is good all the time? All the time God is good. How would my life, my attitude, my entire self be if I kept it in my heart and mind that God is good every moment of every day?

God is good. All the time.
All the time, God is good.


*The first of thousands. Trust me.

1 comment: