Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Oh Man!-opause

Let me just start out saying I am a very cute and vivacious 40 some odd year old! I am young at heart. 

 But the biological clock has told me other wise. Sometime last year when it was wonderfully cold and freezing outside I would just break out into a sweat. For just a few minutes. Some of those times I thought, "Maybe I'm getting sick". So, I would down a couple of Tylenol and forget about it. My monthly curse was almost non-existent. I relished in that part. The only one bad part was that everyday I felt like my head was about to split open. 

I finally visited my OB/GYN for my annual visit and mentioned to him what I was going through. Let the blood work begin! Well, the news came back that I'm not only menopausal, I'm post menopausal! Now comes the part where we get to experiment with all sorts of prescriptions. Some that aren't covered by insurance and some that are. Some that are compounded and some that are boring little stickers I get to place wherever my heart desires. 

The great thing was that my headaches are almost completely gone. 

I went back to my OB/GYN to do a follow up to see how my hormone levels are since starting all of this. He asked, "How are your headaches?". I told him I was doing great with hardly any. He then asked, "How are your periods?"  I said, "It's like I'm 16 again. Cramps. And all the crap that goes along with the monthly curse. " He then went on to say, "That's good, that's where I want you."

You could have heard a pin drop. Inside my head I was screaming, "OH HELL NO". I wanted to rip his head off. He may have OB/GYN after his name, but I'm still the girl and I know what I want and what I don't want. I don't want the monthly curse. It's a crock of the biggest pile of dog poo ever! That was the one thing I was looking forward to when I thought of menopause. 

So, on goes the experimentation with hormones, bio-identicals, vitamins, and supplements, creams to rub on my arm, and patches. Oh man! 


No comments:

Post a Comment