Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring Break-Day Four

I think by day four, we were ready to get to a different locale. I had had enough of the relaxation thing, and Hubby was just done with Palm Springs. We had breakfast at a local breakfast chain. When paying for the check the lady asked me if I had an AARP card. I kid you not. I had just had my roots done. There is nothing about me that screams AARP. She tried to say that she thought I was with a senior citizen. Have you seen my husband? Um. Hello?! He doesn't even look 35 years old, let alone his actual age. Good gosh. It's time to get the h*ll out of dodge.

So we set out for our drive to Vegas to spend some time there before we headed home.

If any car rental agent tells you she has a shortcut to Vegas, don't believe her. Take the way that has more lanes and civilization. We took the road more traveled and we're thankful for it.

We finally made it to Vegas. This was my first time there. Even in the daylight, it's overwhelming. I had requested a room with a view of the strip and we got a room with a view of the airport. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. We justified it as if we weren't going to be spending a lot of time in the room anyway. And if we were we'd be asleep.

 The Cirque show that was at our hotel was closed for the day we were there. So we ventured on our walk to see the sights. Through the eyes of a Vegas Virgin, it was an assault on the eyes. The beauty of some of the sights was sort of diminished by the people who were handing out cards to solicit the services of females. If I was holding Hubby's hand they'd still try and give him a card. Then one tried to give me one.

Hubby and I wanted to walk through a majority of the hotels on the strip. And then we came across this and had to stay awhile.
 



We found the Mirage and went to see if we could still get tickets to the Cirque show The Beatles Love. Whenever the concierge gives you a ticket price, just tell your companion you don't want to pay that (within ear shot of the concierge) and the concierge will automatically knock off about $35 per ticket. There wasn't a bad seat in this theater. This was the first Cirque show for both of us and we were not disappointed. If you ever have a chance to see one of their shows I would highly recommend it. This show enlightened Hubby to The Beatles music. Some good. Some not so good. Some great! Great enough to download some after we got home.

Once the show was over, we headed back to the hotel. At night, the strip is even more overwhelming. But this helps.

I know that Vegas is known as "Sin City". But listen up people, eventually you might come to regret the way you were acting that night. At least I pray that you do.

The night came to an end with us back at our hotel, exhausted. Listening to the screams of the people on the roller coaster right outside our hotel room.

*The room didn't even have a coffee maker. I think I was more upset about that than the coffee drinker in my marriage. When I called to inquire about where the coffee maker was, she suggested room service. I don't want room service. I just want a coffee maker in my room, so I can make coffee for my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment