Friday, November 12, 2010

Streams

Lately I have found a new appreciation for my smartphone. I love that I can play music without having to plug in some odd fitting earbuds, that hardly stay in. I love that while I'm "standing on my corner" not doing anything I can play any playlist and not feel so alone and bored out of my mind. The last several days, morning and afternoon, my favorite playlist has been a CD by the name of Streams*. It's a Christian compilation CD. Artists such as 4Him singing a duet with Jon Anderson of Yes**, Cindi Morgan, Delirious with Amy Grant, Point of Grace and Sixpence None the Richer. There's even Marie Brennan singing with the oldie-but-a-goodie Michael McDonald.

This CD is an attitude changer for me. It's a spirit lifter. Here's a little something about my two favorite songs from the CD. 

When Jaci Velasquez sings "I Will Rest in You" it's a letter of love, from someone who needs hope and comfort. She sings,

Lord, I'm in the dark
Seems to me the line is dead when I come calling. 
No one there, the sky is falling. 

Lord, I need to know. 
My mind is playing games again. 
You're right where You have always been. 

Take me back to You
The place that I once knew
As a little child 
Constantly the eyes of God watched over me. 
Oh I want to be 
The place that I once knew as a little child
Fall into the bed of faith prepared for me
I will rest in You. 

I didn't become a Christian as a child, but as the saying goes, "I got here as fast as I could". I look at it as not necessarily being a child of young age, but a new child of faith. Going back to the excited fervor that only children have towards following Jesus. In my opinion, resting in Him means to hand it all over. I can't fix it. Why let it chew at me, piece by piece. 

Another of my favorite songs on the CD is from 4Him and Jon Anderson. What a wonderful collaboration of Christian music with a little bit of 80's blast from the past. 

Eyes closed in a veil of tears when I hear the sound,
Once more you've come to me, You've calmed me down
You still the raging sea inside of me,
My Lord has come for me
So why, why is it so hard for me to see?
Why is it so hard to just believe? 
Show me what it means to be free 

The only thing I need I already have,
The fullness of Your mercy in my hand
The only One who loves me as I am
The only thing I need I already have

My heart a companion to my wounded soul
Again You comfort me, You take control
You quell the fear that owns too much of me
As it was meant to be,
So why, when each and every word becomes a war
When there’s nothing I can see worth fighting for
You come into my heart and set me free

Every one of my needs is taken care of. All I need? I already have it! It repeats the chorus, "All I need. I already have it." just about fifteen times. Enough to really sink in when stuff gets in the way. 

I have found a new love and admiration for this CD. It brings me peace. It brings comfort. It calms my heart, soul and spirit. Couldn't we all use a little more of that? 


*Circa 1999 
**Owner of a Lonely Heart ring a bell? 


No comments:

Post a Comment