Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dear God,

I truly hate facebook. I despise that it has let people show their snarky sides more freely. It's impossible to let more than a week go by without some sort of drama rearing its ugly head! As fast as it is to be excited about something I see, something else is waiting to tear me down just as fast. It exposes the ugliness of peoples' souls for all of the world to see. 

Or is that Your master plan?

I long for our culture to go back to a God-fearing world. A world where we care for one another. We don't let ourselves forget that each and every one of us matters. 

I hate that it has replaced the sound of a voice over a telephone line. I hate that people post everything from what they ate to how many  bowel movements they had. 

If it's Your will to change my heart toward social media then please do, God. Otherwise, I'm cutting it off once again. My life is more productive. What I don't know or see won't hurt me. 


2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of "Be careful little eyes, what you see", etc. and the song "Slow Fade".... You won't be missing me on FB--I'm still, happily, only going there when someone posts something I receive and email about b/c it is directly on my wall. :)

    PS: CALL me Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I should have read this one before I posted that last comment!! =)

    ReplyDelete