Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Undecided

I am undecided about whether to quit my part time work at home job. I work for Hilton Hotels as a reservation agent. The commute is great! Just a 1 minute walk to our home office. The money comes in handy as we are trying to make this the year we get out of debt. I try to get all of my hours in Monday through Friday. It gives me a good outlet and I feel like I'm being a productive part of society.

Here's what I can't stand:

They micromanage. I'm not sure that I've ever been so micromanaged.

Policies are constantly changing. At first, they told W@H that we didn't have to work holidays. They had plenty of people that work on site that would cover holidays. I was also told that HRCC would cover the cost of my second phone line after six months. That's been a mystery as well. Now, I have to offer an American Express credit card at the end of the call. I'm in the hotel business, not the credit card peddling business. Since going through Financial Peace University two and a half years ago we cut up our credit cards.

Communication is a joke. I hardly ever get responses to questions through email.

It seems as though the company doesn't care about wanting to keep the employees it already has. They would just rather spend the money on hiring and training new people.

I'm over it, pretty much. I'm not sure that I care what happens with my job. My husbands job pays our bills and provides the roof over our heads. He's on a great track at his job and could be working a lot more in the very near future. If he needs to work late, someone will need to be there for our kids.

AUGH!! I just don't know. I want to be out of debt. I want to spend more time with my family. I want the extra play money. I want to be a productive part of society. I want my nights back. I want to be my own boss. At least if I'm my own boss, I've met her. I haven't even met my boss that I report to.

Tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment