Monday, May 9, 2011

Yep! You're Right. I'm Not Your Mother

There's a lesson that I think every married man with children should consider about Mother's Day. It's not about extravagant gifts or going to fancy places. It's about a sweet acknowledgement of what we have together. The best of both of us wrapped up in sweet kids that I wouldn't trade for anything in this world.

I'm not your mother, but I am your wife. I carried those two kids and loved them from the moment we found out we were pregnant. I will love them beyond what they can ever imagine.

I'm not your mother, but I am your wife who you chose to go on this parenting journey with. With every up and down that we experience, we experience it together.

I'm not your mother, but I am your wife and best friend. Long after the kids are grown and out of the house, it will be just you and me. I will still need a, "Happy Mothers Day" from you to let me know that you care and to know that you think I did a good job.

I'm not your mother, I am the girl that thinks she won the husband lottery. I couldn't have picked a better man to have a family with. Our kids know how a man should treat a woman. They look up to you. Every Father's Day I think how lucky, not only our kids are but how lucky I am as well.

If I hear one more man, even in a joking manner say that his wife is not his mother, I might have to pinch his head off. You* know that there have been plenty of times where the wives have had to be your mother at some point in time.

*the metaphorical you of course.....

No comments:

Post a Comment